Columbian Hummngbird (CH)
- Created from internationally recognized, award winning first generation Princeton Audubon Limited prints.*
- Representing the most beautiful and diverse collection of Princeton Audubon Limited prints.
- Uniqely larger (13" x 20") for higher visibility and detail than other garden flags.
- Printed on special brilliant, plush four-ply polyester for double-sided printing.
- Customized for your choice of two different birds on one flag, front and back, at no additional charge.**
- We sell the Garden Gems Flag Stand, the best flag stand for our flags.
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed by a full refund if returned in 10 days.
- Handcrafted in the USA.
Audubon received the female and nest from Thomas Nuttall, who collected them in the Rocky Mountains. The four males at the top of the print were drawn from specimens Audubon found in an English collection.
Anna's hummingbird is slightly larger than other West Coast hummingbirds and is the only hummer to remain constantly throughout this area in winter. The others cross the border into Mexico. In the early spring the male often makes quite an effort at singing, though this sounds to some like a high-pitched squeak rather than a song. There is no mistaking the peculiar popping noise he makes at the bottom of his pendulum courtship flight.