American Goldfinch (AG)
- Select the first bird from the Gallery and add it to your Cart.
- Then "Continue to Shop" to go back to the Gallery and select the second bird.
- To make sure the correct price is calculated to get a double-sided flag, with a different bird on each side, at no additional charge, use the Discount Code COMBO at Checkout.
- If you are ordering more than 1 flag, indicate in the Note box what two birds are to be printed on the same flag.
- In Accessories, buy the Garden Gems Flag Stand, the best flag stand for our flags.
Blog: This print is based on a composition probably painted in August 1824 in New York State, for Audubon wrote: "In ascending along the shores of the Mohawk river, in the month of August, I have met more of these pretty birds in the course of a day's walk than anywhere else, and whenever a thistle was to be seen along either bank of the New York Canal, it was ornamented with one or more Goldfinches."
The goldfinch, a joy to even the most casual observer, is common from ocean to ocean, and its flight call as it dips through the air, per-chic-o-ree, per-chic-o-ree, is as sweet as that of any caged canary. Dr. Frank M. Chapman, in his Handbook of Birds of Eastern North America, says that "their song is delivered with an ecstasy and abandon which carries them off their feet, they circle over the field sowing the air with music."